Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 1996 11:17:56 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        peter@spinner.DIALix.COM (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netscape 3.01, linux_lib port, Acrobat reader, etc

Peter Wemm wrote:
> The netscape plugin uses the /usr/local/Acrobat3 version.
>
> IMHO, it would be better to patch the scripts and link them into
> /usr/local/bin as appropriate so this sort of thing can't happen. :-)

No problem. You'll have to have until monday, though, I'm not at home
over the weekend and I'd like to test changes before I commit them
(``Come on, one little change, shouldn't break anything'' ;-)).

> I'm not sure how to go about doing the plugin support.  I think when the
> Linux version of netscape is used, the directory /usr/local/lib/netscape/pl
> ugins needs to be created and the acrobat nppdf.so file linked into there
> as well.

Does this interfere with the BSDI netscape? If not, I could simply
check for the existence of /usr/local/lib/netscape (fixed path, IIRC)
and create the link.

tg