Date:      Sat, 18 Mar 2000 01:12:55 +0000
From:      "Brian K . Walters" <bkwalters@lucent.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   .. /var/log/mqueue low on space msgs

I just did a 4.0 install via ftp on a system and I am continuously getting
the following messages

	sendmail[177]: NOQUEUE: low on space ( have 0, SMTP-DAEMON needs 101
	in /var/spool/mqueue)
	/kernel: pid  2351 (mgetty), uid 0 on /var: file system full

I am new to FreeBSD and I do not understand how /var could be full when I
just installed it.  I did a du -k /var and it appears that most of the space is
being used by /var/db/pkg.  Could I just delete the stuff in that directory
or move everything to another partition and link it back to /var/db/pkg

thanks,

Brian,

--
Brian K. Walters