Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2006 13:59:59 -0700
From:      "Kian Mohageri" <kian.mohageri@gmail.com>
To:        "Ivan Voras" <ivoras@fer.hr>
Cc:        Attilio Rao <attilio@freebsd.org>, freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xeon 2.8GHz SMP/NOT test results

On 10/16/06, Ivan Voras <ivoras@fer.hr> wrote:

> Ok, but take care so that the machine is *completely* idle while you
> doing the tests, otherwise they don't mean anything.

Understood.

I noticed somebody suggested trying SMP with hyperthreading disabled in the
BIOS, and I'm a little bit confused as to what sort of results should I
expect from that.  Could anybody enlighten me about how the OS will see/make
use of this?

My next test(s) will probably be:

- "SMP w/ HTT" vs. "GENERIC w/ HTT disabled in BIOS" vs. "SMP w/ HTT
disabled in BIOS"
- both lmsensors and unixbench tests
- timecounter comparisons

But it may be a while before I get around to it as I'm busy with school.

--
Kian Mohageri