Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 22:42:45 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Francisco Reyes <francisco@natserv.com>
To:        Larry Michel <lmicuf@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: An SU executable

On 17-Oct-98 Larry Michel wrote:
> executable in /usr/bin were using, and I accidentally exited my root
> shell after renaming /usr/lib to /usr/lib2. The problem is now that su,
> telnet and other utilities such as cc, rlogin do not work anymore. I

Do you have a fixit floppy or the CDroms?
you could boot from them,  mount the partition and rename the
directory.

Also... I don't know if would help but....
try booting single user "-s", mount /usr and see if you can then rename
the directory.

----
francisco@natserv.com
The power to serve.   http://www.freebsd.org