Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2012 14:11:23 -0300
From:      Mario Lobo <lobo@bsd.com.br>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Firefox install problem

Hi;

env:
FBSD 8.3-STABLE AMD64
Firefox 15 port

The problem seems to be with the porting itself.

The first problem showed up during configure. Libvpx could not be found and
configure stops.
After examining Config.Log, I found  a compiler switch like this:

-L/usr/local/lib/nss

I made a symlink there to libvpx.so and the port compiled without errors.

Then after issuing a make install, this comes up everytime:

[Snip]
a ./searchplugins/yahoo.xml
a ./dictionaries/en-US.aff
a ./dictionaries/en-US.dic
a ./defaults/pref
a ./defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js
a ./chrome/icons
a ./chrome/icons/default
a ./chrome/icons/default/default16.png
a ./chrome/icons/default/default32.png
a ./chrome/icons/default/default48.png
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/config/nsinstall -D
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/bin
rm -f -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/bin/firefox
ln -s /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/firefox/firefox
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/bin
gmake[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/mozilla-release/browser/installer'
echo 'share/applications/firefox.desktop' >>
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/plist_files
echo "@dirrmtry share/applications" >>
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/plist_dirs
echo 'share/pixmaps/firefox.png' >> /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/plist_files
/bin/mkdir -p /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/libdata
/bin/mv -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/libdata/ || true
mv: rename /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig to
/usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/libdata/pkgconfig: No such file or
directory
/bin/rm -f /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/lib/pkgconfig
cd: can't cd to /usr/ports/www/firefox/work/fake/include
*** Error code 2

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/www/firefox.

All the fixes I googled that could relate to this, date back to 2005 the
latest,, and none of them helped.

I've been trying to fix this for 2 days now and I'm not getting anywhere so
I can only hope someone can shed a light on this problem here on the list..

My sincere thanks to whoever points me a direction.

--
Mario Lobo
http://www.mallavoodoo.com.br