Date:      Sun, 25 Sep 2011 07:30:49 -0500
From:      Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@gmail.com>
To:        Thomas Mueller <mueller6727@bellsouth.net>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.0 beta2 & the new bsdinstaller

> More concerns and questions onthe new bsdinstall:
>
> There is no upgrade function. =A0How will a user be able to upgrade to BE=
TA3 (or RC1?) without wiping out BETA2 installation?

> For instance, user might have built many software applications from ports=
 and not want to rebuild everything.

I have the same doubt/question.  If I update the system via the ports,
do I have BETA3/RC1?  or do I have to run
# freebsd-update

to get the current release?

Also, like is suggested, if I update by any means, I will probably
have to delete && reinstall everything in the ports.  Is there a way
not to do this?

Regards,

Antonio