Date:      Tue, 4 May 1999 20:05:18 +0100
From:      Robin Melville <robmel@innotts.co.uk>
To:        tetragon@cyber.com.au, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with packages.

At 12:27 pm +0100 30/4/99, Gavan McCormack wrote:
>It seems like FSR on my installation the package machanism has been
>corrupted. Doing a pkg_info -a produces all the normal output of installed
>packages (up to the point where it got screwed) and then at the end comes
>back with: pkg_info: can't change directory to '/var/db/pkg/.mkversion'!

You're OK. This isn't a corruption, it's an incomplete kludge. '.mkversion'
is (now) used by the ports build process to check that the port isn't too
new for your version of FreeBSD.

I guess someone will soon make a small change to pkg_info to make it ignore
this file.

Regards
Robin.

Robin Melville, Addiction Information Services
Nottingham Alcohol & Drug Team
Tel:  +44 (0)115 952 9478       Fax:  +44 (0)115 952 9421
work: robmel@nadt.org.uk        home: robmel@innotts.co.uk
Pages: http://www.innotts.co.uk/~robmel    (home page)
       http://www.innotts.co.uk/nadt       (substance misuse pages)