Date:      Tue, 02 Sep 1997 13:27:25 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Queen Rusty <isis@cockatoo.aus.org>
To:        Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, (Satoshi Asami) <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Subject:   Re: ports broken by recent tcl/tk changes

On 02-Sep-97 Paul Traina squawked:
> FYI, I received a letter from Sanjay yesterday saying he'll be releasing
> an 8.0 compatible version of ical shortly, so I won't bother to update
> the current port until he does that.
>
> Paul
>
>   From: Paul Traina <pst@shockwave.com>
>   Subject: Re: ports broken by recent tcl/tk changes
>   exmh should be removed and exmh2 should be renamed to exmh, exmh is so
> stale
>   it's not funny...
>
>   I'll take a peek at ical.  I'm surprised tkgoodstuff still works -- I'm in
>   the process of fixing it to work with the tcl/tk 8.0 ports.
>
>   I'd like to point out to everyone that we really want to get ports OFF of
> the
>   tcl7.6/tk4.2 code.  Tcl/Tk v8.x is MUCH faster.  If you have a choice to go
>   either way, please port to the new code.

I am running tcl/tk 8.0 only , and have some ports working fine , i believe i
uploaded the latest tkgoodstuff which built perfectly with no changes . I was
looking around at several tk ports home pages, and in some cases the authors
have yet to release 8.0 compatible versions of their programs.
In any case. I am running a 3.0-SNAP system and would be very willing to help
fix any ports. I'm not quite sure how to go about it , any direction would be
greatly appreciated.

Luke