Date:      Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:19:32 +0100
From:      Gustaf Tham <gus@algonet.se>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   List mirrored in newsgroups - bewildering

Hello,

I prefer mailing to the list and following the NG instead of subscribing
to the list.
Someone please explain the mirroring of this mailing list --
why so many newsgroups?
My Agent newsreader collected 10 different  NGs with the
name ending freebsd.questions.  These are:
anarc.lists, apana.lists.os, list, local, mailing, mgate, mpc.lists,
sol.lists, ziplocal and plain frebsd.questions.

Only a few of them contained anything at my newsserver,
and these results varied from month to month.

Why not just _one_ ng?

I'm in Norway right now, and can see only one of the newsgroups
at my present  ISP, (muc.lists.freebsd.questions).
And:  Although I get a steady feed of new messages in that NG,
I don't  see my own posting or the replies to it, but instead have
to track the result with google!

Can you shed some light on this?
Thanks

Gustaf Tham <gus@algonet.se>