Date:      Thu, 12 Mar 2009 20:34:01 +0000
From:      Dru Lavigne <drulavigne@sympatico.ca>
To:        <murray@stokely.org>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bsdevents on Twitter

I admit that I'm still a twitter noob and have only been on twitter for a f=
ew weeks (after my boss finally convinced me to create an account for work =
and I saw the value in having one).

I'm now following @freebsd=2C @freebsdannounce and @freebsdlogs as Murray s=
uggested.

>Does this repost from our events page via twitterfeed?  Or syndicate from =
upcoming? =20

Is this something I would setup or the other way around? If I should be set=
ting it up=2C are you aware of an FAQ? The twitterfeed site is pretty slim =
on info....

>We really need to make sure we keep our canonical list of events >(www.fre=
ebsd.org/events) updated first and foremost=2C and should put new delivery =
>mechanisms like twitter downstream from that. twitterfeed works well for t=
his purpose.

Agreed and I'm open to ideas about how to best coordinate this and to filte=
r the non-FreeBSD specific events with minimal effort so that the FreeBSD w=
ebsite is aware of events with a FreeBSD talk or booth.

Cheers=2C

Dru