Date:      Thu, 23 Oct 2003 21:36:50 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@bsd.hu>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DocBook version of "PMake - A Tutorial"

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 22, 2003 at 07:02:09PM +0200, Oliver Fischer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> In recent times I read the pmake tutorial very often. Unfortunately
> there is no 'online' version of the tutorial. Is it possible to create a
> DocBook version? If yes, I would volunter for this work.

If you mean "is it technically possible to do this?" then the answer is
definitely yes. If you mean "is it permitted to do this?" then I think
the answer would be yes too. (it seems to be under the BSDL)

What needs to be done is: You take the source file (you can find it on
your FreeBSD system probably, under src/usr.bin/make/PSD.doc/) remove
the groff formatting, and mark up the text using DocBook tags. It could
possibly even be automated to a degree, although you would still need to
invest time for manual work as well.

If you feel like doing this, I think this would be welcome. For help
with DocBook, I recommend the docbook-tdg port, which installs the book:
DocBook: The Definitive Guide in electronic form.

--
Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest