Date:      Thu, 27 Nov 1997 09:55:27 +0100 (MET)
From:      Jens Schweikhardt <schweikh@noc.dfn.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, andreas@klemm.gtn.com, de-bsd-chat@de.freebsd.org, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: daemon stories ( german customs )

hello, world\n

# > Well, as many people know, I live in Indiana (midwest US.)  The states
# > bordering on Indiana include Kentucky, Ohio, Illinois and Michigan.  In
# > most areas of those states, I think one could easily find people who
# > misunderstand the Daemon.  The risk isn't the 99% of people who are
#
# Well, then why not have a "sanitized" logo which shows just the words
# "FreeBSD - The Power to Serve [the lord]" with no daemon picture at
# all or, perhaps better yet, the image of a halo'd angel which just
# happens to be carrying a trident for some inexplicable reason.  We
# could target this version at the bible belt and other centers of
# religious tolerence.

It should be noted that *BSD already has a religiously correct
motto. Everybody reading the newsgroup description knows that
BSD is God's Own Operating System. (At least de.comp.os.bsd
has "Gottes eigenes Betriebssystem"). Jehova's Wittnesses
should *run* for that!

Regards,

	Jens
--