Date:      Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:05:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
To:        "David O'Brien" <obrien@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>, alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ALpha 4100 boot issues

[ cc'd to -alpha for broadcast ]

The problem was one of the following two problems:

1. The Qlogic SCSI controller being booted from does not work if it is not in
hose 0 (upper left, looking from rear).

2. If the QLogic SCSI controller is the 'bridged' DEC part (i.e., the part
that has a 21150 bridge and the QLogic behind that), booting doesn't work.

I'm not sure which, if any, it really is. I'm inclined to think that #1 may be
broken for -current because hose 1 has the EISA console, and that there might
be some funny interaction ther.

I'm inclined to think that #2 might be broken period for -stable because we
don't have clean hose management in -stable, IIRC.

-matt