Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 08:12:29 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Multiport Serial Cards

I am replacing a Sparc 1 and a Sparc IPX with Aurora 16 port serial cards
used as console servers on our raised floor with PC's running FreeBSD,
2.2.6R or -stable.

Are there any recommendations for multiport serial cards for use with
FreeBSD?

Would anyone please relay good or bad experiences with any products under
FreeBSD?

One of my options is to purchase a couple of Aurora ISA or PCI cards
(replacing the Sbus cards and the Suns) and use them with the existing
Aurora hardware that I've got.  Does anyone have any FreeBSD experience
with this configuration.  Does it work?

Any pointers would be muchly appreciated.

Open Systems Group          Internet:  cschuber@uumail.gov.bc.ca
ITSD                                   Cy.Schubert@gems8.gov.bc.ca
Government of BC