Date:      Fri, 19 May 1995 04:20:16 EDT
From:      n1epo4tl@ibmmail.com
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, internet@ibmmail.com
Subject:   current crashes

Alok.K.Dhir writes:
>Crash description:  Freezes.  No panic messages, just freezes up solid

I see the same thing with a current kernel a couple of weeks old.
Completely different system - 386DX40, 8MB RAM  500MB IDE disk.
No idea what causes it.  At the moment i've gone back to the 2.0 kernel,
(which means I can't use ppp):-(

It's probably completely irrelevant, but for what it's worth i'll mention
it.  I discovered that the date command under NetBSD freezes the system.
It only happens in multi-user mode, and the system sleeps for an amount
of time dependent on how much the date is changed - a couple of minutes
per year of change.  I don't have access to the FreeBSD system at the
moment to see if it does the same.

Stuart Arnold