Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 2020 14:33:20 -0600
From:      Gary Aitken <freebsd@dreamchaser.org>
Subject:   weird 403 (forbidden) website access issue

Totally bewildered by a 403 error attempting to access a website I created
several years ago and haven't touched (or accessed) in ages.  Administered
and hosted at greengeeks.com

11.3-RELEASE-p6
Using firefox 74.0:

The addr (www.ovandoschool.org) resolves to 69.175.87.226

If I type in 69.175.87.226 in the address bar, I get a 403 error
   with a note
     69.175.87.226/cp_errordocument.shtml (port 80)
Seems to be accessible fine from windows machines going through the same
fbsd 11.3-RELEASE-P6 gateway (not the same system as the one with the
browser having the problem).

If I manually access from the failing fbsd system, it works:

$ telnet 69.175.87.226 80
Trying 69.175.87.226...
Connected to chi-node42.websitehostserver.net.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: www.ovandoschool.org

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Connection: Keep-Alive
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 19:04:40 GMT
Strict-Transport-Security: max-age=63072000; includeSubDomains

203a
<!DOCTYPE html>

etc.

I have noscript installed, but if I turn off all restrictions for the
accessing tab, I get the same result.

I tried opera and get the same result, kinda; the tab shows a "403 Forbidden"
error and I get a blank screen.
I tried chrome but when it loads all I get is a blank window.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
Why would a browser report a 403 error when telnet doesn't?

Thanks for any insights,

Gary