Date:      Thu, 27 Dec 2012 13:31:49 -0800
From:      Mike Hix <mike@musl.org>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ixgbe ALTQ support on 9.1-RELEASE

Should ixgbe 2.4.8 (supplied with 9.1-RELEASE) support ALTQ?

My card:
    ix0@pci0:3:0:0:	class=0x020000 card=0xa12c8086 chip=0x150b8086
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
        vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
        device     = '82598EB 10-Gigabit AT2 Server Adapter'
        class      = network
        subclass   = ethernet

I've successfully built a kernel with altq suppport. altq works with
other drivers on this system.

However when attempting to load a pf rule set that includes queueing for
this NIC, it fails with the following message:

    pfctl: ix0: driver does not support altq

altq(4) lists ixgbe under the SUPPORTED DEVICES secction. Is there
some alternative to altq, or is there some other knob/sysctl/step I'm
missing?

--
Mike Hix