Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 22:35:53 +0900
From:      "Akinori -Aki- MUSHA" <knu@idaemons.org>
To:        grg@philol.msu.ru
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: VMware

At Wed, 19 Apr 2000 14:56:36 +0400,
Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru> wrote:
> Where can I find
> the instructions on how to deal with FreeBSD-specific
> issues?

Aren't you using the emulators/vmware2 port??  We are maintaining
Hints.FreeBSD to collect and provide such kind of information.

>         I have already found a linprocfs port accidentally.
> I wonder, however, why it is not in the ports tree.

Because there has been an issue how we should get it in the source
tree, and someone had once imported linprocfs in the tree.  5-CURRENT
has it and 4-STABLE as of yesterday had it as part of the base system.

> Among other things, I would like to know:
>   1) what's to be done when vmware configuration wizard
>      fails trying to call 'df -T'. I know
>      that Linux df has the -T option, whereas FreeBSD doesn't

Again, I just wonder why you don't use vmware2 port.  It has a hack
that should cope with that problem, i.e. it provides a fake Linux df.

>   2) how to deal with the vmware's attempt to find /dev/tty4
>      or so

Ditto.  The vmware2 port creates them on installation.

>   3) why vmware says that I have 'old DGA' and therefore
>      full screen mode be disabled.

Ditto.  I wrote a mention of that issue in Hints.FreeBSD.

--
                           /
                          /__  __

"If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice."