Date:      Mon, 04 Sep 2000 00:49:29 -0700 (MST)
From:      chris.smith@raytheon.co.uk
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   SBLive death problem (another one!)

Hi,

Here's another error for the books (one which I have never had before).  On
setting up the SBLive drivers in 4.1-RELEASE, I've fallen down another pit of
despair.  On sending anything to the DSP apart from .au files, the system
crashes with:-

   RAM parity error.

It then dumps to the console and asks to be restarted nicely.

Before anyone says anything, the RAM is fine -- it's been through a RAM tester
(twice!!!)!  Any ideas on this one?  Relevant System info as follows:-

   - Mobo:      Intel SE440BX-2 (BX based - duh)
   - RAM:       256Mb Kingston PC100
   - AGP card:  3Dfx Voodoo3 3000
   - PCI cards: SBLive,
                D-Link DE530TX (DEC 21140),
                Creative DXR3 (of which pulling made no difference),

Nothing is sharing IRQ's as I turned the USB off just to see if it was causing
other problems...

Cheers,

- Chris.