Date:      Wed, 6 Sep 1995 17:17:47 -0400
From:      Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   new install floppy

Hi. I need to replace the kernel on the install floppy for 2.0.5
(to have useful default values for the lots of systems I am going
to be installing).  Building the new kernel for BOOTMFS is easy.

First question: Where do I insert that kernel into the the /usr/src/release
tree to build a new install floppy?

Second question, is the source on the CD (2.0.5R) correct for the
"updated" 2.0.R install floppy? If not where are the patches...?

Final question - At this stage of the game is it worth it to do
this to 2.0.5 or should I just use the 2.1-stable pre-release?

Thanx.

-coranth

Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>      |  "Faith Manages."      |
                                          |        - Satai Delenn  |
Phone: 603-598-3440   Fax: 603-598-3430   +------------------------+
USMail: 11 Carver St, Nashua, NH  03060
Disclaimer: All these words are yours, except Europa...