Date:      Thu, 18 Dec 1997 01:38:37 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD description in the UNIX FAQ

On Thu, Dec 18, 1997 at 09:09:02AM +0000, Terry Lambert wrote:
> > >       FreeBSD: 386bsd 0.1 with the patchkit applied, and many updated
> > >                utilities.
> > > --
> > > As a description of my favorite OS.
> > > Maybe it's time for an update, i almost forgot what the patchkit was like.
> >
> > Try to forget. In comparison with FreeBSD today the patchkit was like doing
> > your own dental work without the benefit of drugs
>
> Hey!  I wrote the patchkit!  Be kind!

And a damn find job you did. I was very happy the first time I successfully
got the patchkit installed and 386BSD up and running. FreeBSD has come a
long way from those days and its' a very good system (a lot better than
some commercial systems I have used) thanks to a lot of hard work from a lot
of people.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.5
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses