Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2012 17:55:08 +0400
From:      "Andrey V. Elsukov" <ae@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sergey Listopad <psychosensor@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to debug loader(8)

On 02.08.2012 15:30, Sergey Listopad wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have as issue with booting FreeBSD on retro server.
> loader(8) stuck during the boot (more details
> http://docs.freebsd.org/cgi/mid.cgi?CAO_2TxM4_7YpPV9iTXeX6S7w4T1zqiZJa0ewe5KKiusdmNiVnw)
>
> How can I debug why loader(8) is stuck. What information may be helpful?
Hi.

It seems that biosdisk driver can't detect any disks except floppy.
You can add some printfs to the bd_init() and bd_int13probe() functions
in the sys/boot/i386/libi386/biosdisk.c file. Then recompile the loader
and test. Also you can try to use grub loader, afaik it has a bit more
quirks to the known problems. If it will work, we can try to fix our
loader too.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov