Date:      Sun, 22 May 2022 20:02:56 +0000
From:      Pau Amma <pauamma@gundo.com>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Fernando_Apestegu=C3=ADa?= <fernando.apesteguia@gmail.com>
Cc:        =?UTF-8?Q?Rodrigo_G=2E_L=C3=B3pez?= <rodrigosloop@gmail.com>, "Danilo G. Baio" <dbaio@freebsd.org>, freebsd-translators@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New member looking to join es_ES
References:  <CA%2BcCjXo_ssRr6xcq0=oSQU9%2BxaQS_0ajY3sewfEgORGWiOROTg@mail.gmail.com> <20220515074148.5bfhg2h6hq3cskan@t480.local> <CA%2BcCjXr7hdPfVwgJq0zk551SFJ4YwEkBTv3zA7JqZBtxnCHucA@mail.gmail.com> <CAGwOe2bUeC8c_nJf3i56b0dAzrP1rJCaPBrdRUHZfOEnUkXpqw@mail.gmail.com> <b590a6a3f287d345a639b9d02524074e@gundo.com> <CAGwOe2ZscPVZgBE6AV9nGydtGTNhKvaJLR%2BwQnt8_qcYX-WR-A@mail.gmail.com> <7966047fcf830b7b4702baabc10f522a@gundo.com> <CAGwOe2ZVjsQKiONCz1aXyj=rZu_4OKThrLMUYs6sGKCRHb08sA@mail.gmail.com>

On 2022-05-22 07:57, Fernando Apesteguía wrote:
> El dom., 22 may. 2022 1:50, Pau Amma <pauamma@gundo.com> escribió:

>> > How so? What substantial changes?
>>
>> Any and all done in stage 2 of the Handbook Revitalisation project
>> (follow-up from the surveys you've seen). Which ones and in which
>> order
>> depend on what the FreeBSD Foundation decides when it has my report
>> and
>> recommendations.
>
> That project you mention is very much appreciated, but I hope it will
> not
> block translations or concurrent updates to the handbook. Maybe you can
> raise a warning when revitalizing a specific section so we can choose
> wait on that one.

If that's useful for specific translators and meshes well with their
workflow, I can try doing that. But I don't want to decide for any
translator what works or doesn't work for them, so I'd rather warn
upfront lest one get discouraged and quit translating because they
dislike translating a fast-changing source document. (I've done
translations myself, and I know from experience it wrecks my workflow to
have to go back and update bits I already translated.)

--
#BlackLivesMatter #TransWomenAreWomen #AccessibilityMatters
#StandWithUkrainians