Date:      Thu, 4 Apr 2002 16:02:17 -0500
From:      Donnie Jones <donniejones18@yahoo.com>
To:        David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: connecting to proxy server question

On Wed, 3 Apr 2002 19:49:14 -0500
David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Donnie.
>
> I tried what you suggested. It seems like what that did was redirect
> the requests from my Windows box to port 8080 of my ISP -through- my
> unix host.
>
> The trick is that the browser I want to filter is actually
> ON the machine that I want the filtering done by.
>
> browser ->  port 3128 -> proxy server  -> port 80 -> ISP host0
> [server A]  [server A]   [server A]      [server A]  [server B]

Try this your nat configuration file:

#rdr fxp0 localhost port 80 -> localhost port 3128

or

#rdr fxp0 1.1.1.1 port 80 -> 1.1.1.1 port 3128

Replace 1.1.1.1 with your real IP Address
fxp0 is the interface connected to the ISP not the LAN
change fxp0 to your device name

I'd try the first line, and if that doesn't work see if this second line will do the trick.

Good luck,

--Donnie
  http://www.darthik.com