Date:      Thu, 14 Jan 1999 09:23:45 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: (Off Topic) GUS and CDROM audio pass through

On Thu, Jan 14, 1999 at 06:20:46PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 14-Jan-99 Christoph Kukulies wrote:
> >  When having an ATAPI CDROM drive and you want to pass the audio out
> >  top the soundcard (GUS MAX in this case) with the CDROM disabled
> >  on the soundcard it seems that the audio signal fed into the card
> >  (with this little shielded stereo cable) doesn't arrive at the
> >  mixer on the card.
> >
> >  Does anyone know how to enable this on the GUS (without enabling
> >  the CDROM and thus occupying an io address unnecessarily)?
> Is the GUS configured?

I'm using the OSS FreeBSD package (lkm) and playmidi for example
works ok. gus is not configured in the kernel though (and should
not when using the OSS lkm AFAIR).

> Are the cd and master volume set using mixer?

/home/kuku> mixer
Mixer vol      is currently set to  90:90
Mixer synth    is currently set to  90:90
Mixer line     is currently set to  90:90
Mixer mic      is currently set to   0:0
Mixer cd       is currently set to  90:90