Date:      Mon, 28 Aug 1995 01:14:22 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com
Cc:        paul@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dependencies

 * > That is possible, but I thought it would be more robust to use "which"
 * > because we don't know if the user installed the dependency via pkg_add
 * > or the ports' "make install".  Note that pkg_info looks only at
 * > /var/db/pkg.
 *
 * Shouldn't matter?  `make install' now tweaks /var/db/pkg TOO, remember?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.  I meant, "we don't know it the user installed
the dependency (via pkg_add | the ports)".

What I wanted to say was, it doesn't work if the user compiled the
port and installed it without touching anything in the ports or
package area, but that should be fine as far as EXEC_DEPENDS goes.

Satoshi