Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2003 10:39:20 -0400
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Winmodem ltmdm dirver what device to use?

I've been working on setting up an new laptop as a background task for a
couple of months now.

All of a sudden today, I find I have to go out of town early in the morning.

I've installed FreebSD a couple of times, and once I got the winmodem
working using the ports/comm/ltmdm module. I the wiped the disk clean, and
started over. I see that I have installed the port again this time, and
dmesg looks like it's working.

However, I can't for the life of me remember the device to use for this. The
machine has one real serial port, so i suspect this should be the 2nd
"serial port".

If I cu -l cuaa0, I get a connection, but no response to AT commands. If I
try to cu cuaa1, I get "line bust".

Can somebody please re-educate me on this?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin