Date:      Sat, 12 Jun 1999 14:44:02 -0600
From:      Greg Skafte <skafte@worldgate.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   vinum

I've just created a series of strip sets

drive home1 device /dev/wd0s1g
drive home2 device /dev/wd2s1g
volume home
        plex org striped 256k
		sd length 1535M drive home1
		sd length 1535M drive home2
drive usr1 device /dev/wd0s1e
drive usr2 device /dev/wd2s1e
volume usr
        plex org striped 256k
		sd length 1535M drive usr1
		sd length 1535M drive usr2

drive var1 device /dev/wd0s1g
drive var2 device /dev/wd2s1g
volume var
        plex org striped 256k
		sd length 1023M drive var1
		sd length 1023M drive var2

now when I do a vinum printconfig

drive usr1 device /dev/wd0e
drive home1 device /dev/wd0g
drive usr2 device /dev/wd2e
drive home2 device /dev/wd2g
drive var1 device /dev/wd0s1g
drive var2 device /dev/wd2s1g
volume usr
volume home
volume var
plex name usr.p0 org striped 512b vol usr
plex name home.p0 org striped 512b vol home
plex name var.p0 org striped 512b vol var
[rest of stuff deleted]

If I read the printconfig correctly it states thata the plexes are stripped on
512b (bytes) but I've created them to be 256k (kbytes).

Is this a reporting error, or is somethingelse happening that I'm
mis-interpreting.

--
Email: skafte@worldgate.com	  Voice: +780 413 1910	  Fax: +780 421 4929
   #575 Sun Life Place * 10123 99 Street * Edmonton, AB * Canada * T5J 3H1
When things can't get any worse, they simplify themselves by getting a whole
lot worse then complicated. A complete and utter disaster is the simplest
thing in the world; it's preventing one that's complex.       (Janet Morris)