Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 1995 11:48:58 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@alpha.dsu.edu>
To:        Paul Vinciguerra <PVinci@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: CERN httpd question

On Wed, 29 Mar 1995, Paul Vinciguerra wrote:

> Since the everybody's talking about the CERN httpd, maybe someone can
> tell me how to do the following.  I have been told that it is possible
> to set up either multiple servers or home pages (as I was told by
> aliasing) .
>
> Maybe more clearly stated, one freeBSD box running CERN for aaa.org and
> bbb.org
>
> http//:www.aaa.org showing aaa.html and
> http://www.bbb.org showing bbb.html.

As Garrett Wollman wrote, you can run multiple httpd's bound to specific
interface addresses.  There's a good explanation of the procedure and
pointers to patches for NCSA and CERN servers at

http://www.thesphere.com/~dlp/TwoServers/

Both methods mentioned by the above page (adding a second IP address to
an interface with the ifconfig "alias" option, and setting additional
addresses on spare SLIP or PP interfaces) should work on FreeBSD, but I
haven't tried yet.  I'm glad your query prompted me to find the URL,
since I may soon have the opportuntity to implement multiple servers
under FreeBSD.

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Hope this helps,