Date:      Tue, 22 Jan 2013 19:00:10 +0000
From:      "Owen O' Shaughnessy" <owen.oshaughnessy@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 9.1 & Postgresql

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody else has tried installing Postgres from packages?

I have used pkg_add -r to install postgresql-server and
postgresql-client, both installed sucessfully, I've got server and
client binaries and libraries but no configuration files for the
server.

Does the package assume it is an upgrade, or is there another package
that you install to get the configuration files and initscripts?

I was expecting to find: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/postgresql
I was expecting a binary somewhere on the system called initdb

I'm not getting anything like this. Anyone got any idea's other than
building from ports?

Thanks,

Owen.