Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 21:43:22 +0200
From:      "Koji" <koji@ciberteca.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   alt meta key

Hello, I'd like to enable the key ALT as the key META to be able (for
example) to change
of window  in BitchX using ALT + number in change of ESC + number. I've
tried to edit my
config file (spanish.iso.acc.kbd) and I've changed the line:

056   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt    O

for:

056   meta   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt   lalt    O

I can change of window with the key ALT when I do this but I can't change of
terminal (Alt + F[x]).
I've tried diferent configurations exchangeing the words "alt" and "meta"
without success.

It's posible to activate the key ALT to be used like meta and be able to
change of terminal?

Thank you