Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2023 11:56:51 +0100
From:      Henrik Morsing <henrik@morsing.cc>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Migrating to new disk

Good morning.

I have a fairly new install of 13.1, root on ZFS. New computer with an ASUS Z690-P motherboard.

I have migrated to a new disk using zfs send/recv, and ran an EFI update command from the same guide (https://people.freebsd.org/~dch/posts/2021-05-12-nvme-on-freebsd.html).
The disk is now bootable from the UEFI bootlist, but I still end up on the old zroot. I am guessing I need to rename the new zpool? Or is there another way? And is it simple to boot into a live USB and rename, or is it a can of worms?

The guide above seems to completely skip this issue, so maybe I have done something wrong.

ME     SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
rootvg   448G  12.3G   436G        -         -     0%     2%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
zroot    206G  12.4G   194G        -         -     0%     6%  1.00x    ONLINE  -

Regards,
Henrik Morsing