Date:      Fri, 28 Apr 2000 20:42:53 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        Scott <sbarron@ansic.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CDR's in 4.0-RELEASE

Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > Hello,
>
> Hi, Scott.
>
> > I am trying to get my ATAPI CDR (Smart & Friendly cdracer) working in
> > 4.0-release.  I've searched the mailing list archives and found references to
> > something in /usr/share/examples/atapi but that directory is empty on my box.
>
> That was for 3.x.  For 4.0/5.0, use burncd instead.  For example:
>
>         # burncd -s 2 -f /dev/acd0c data foo.iso fixate
>
> > Are ATAPI cdr's even working?  Can anyone provide any information?
>
> Mine works (though only after applying patches from Soren Schmidt).  Since
> you don't have a Hewlett-Packard drive, you may have no problems.

What patches does he have. I also have an HP-8100i and it doesn't
burn.

Kent
> --
> Trevor Johnson
> http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt

Kent Stewart
Richland, WA

mailto:kstewart@3-cities.com

SETI(Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) @ HOME
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

Hunting Archibald Stewart, b 1802 in Ballymena, Antrim Co., NIR
http://www.3-cities.com/~kstewart/genealogy/archibald_stewart.html