Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:25:02 +0100
From:      "Manfred Usselmann" <Usselmann.M@icg-online.de>
To:        "Dongre, Prashant" <ppd2@co.westchester.ny.us>, "trouble@hackfurby.com" <trouble@hackfurby.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: VMWARE Linux X-Server does run under FreeBSD 3.2

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:37:17 -0500, TrouBle wrote:

>>From the list months ago, we have all concluded it doesnt work... you
>need linux, unfortunatley.. but id say we should all sent them a note,
>so the do a BSD port

Things seem to have improved. Despite the info given on their web page
'www.vmware.com/support/technotesfreebsd.html' it _is_ possible to use the VMware Linux X-
Server and Vmware Toolbox for Linux (both build-282) with FreeBSD.

I have FreeBSD 3.2 RELEASE installed as guest OS under the host OS Win NT 4 and after
the installation of the Linux library package the VMware Linux X-Server works without
problems here (as far as I can tell). Therefore I assume that the combination FreeBSD as
guest and Linux as host OS should work as well.

Of course it would be even nicer if VMware would support FreeBSD as host OS.

--
Manfred Usselmann
usselmann.m@icg-online.de