Date:      Wed, 30 Apr 1997 08:38:52 +0200
From:      Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
To:        Robert N Watson <rnw@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vulnerabilities in kerberos (fwd)

On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 19:51:29 -0400 (EDT) , Robert N Watson wrote:
> Most of the stuff in this bulletin is not relevant to FreeBSD's eBones
> distribution, as it's Kerberos IV, but near the bottom they start talking
> about some Kerberos IV stuff that was vulnerable in OpenBSD's KerbIV stuff
> until recently.

OK...

> BTW, is anyone actively maintaining the Kerberos code in FreeBSD?  Have we

Yes. Me. (But I have been kinda slack).

> given any thought to bringing in the Kth code instead, as it's more
> modern, etc?  I've noticed, also, that the Krb distribution for FreeBSD
> doesn't include the kerberos-authenticated FTPd, so one has to make that
> independantly and set flags appropriately.  That should probably be
> corrected.

I am going to commit KTH eBones one of these days (RSN). I have been
INCREDIBLY busy at work, and owe them a lot of time for sick leave last year.

KTH has a lot of nice toys, and they fix very many problems, like multi-
homed hosts, some buffer overruns, etc.

I have a license to bring in Kerberos5 as well. That code _really_ sucks,
though. It is all over the place, and getting it "bmaked" is a much longer
term project.

Mark Murray                PGP key fingerprint = 80 36 6E 40 83 D6 8A 36
This .sig is umop ap!sdn.                        BC 06 EA 0E 7A F2 CE CE