Date:      Fri, 18 May 2001 16:09:59 -0700
From:      Alex Zepeda <jazepeda@pacbell.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Exchange substitute

On Fri, May 18, 2001 at 11:45:43AM -0400, Person, Roderick wrote:

> I believe that evolution is attempting to do all this i tried it a few
> months ago. It's gnome app so you at least need the gnome base and libs
> installed, this is if my memory is still good.

And if you're KDE fan, Magellan which has been dropped was picked up by
the Kompany in the form of Aethera.  And I'm sure that there were one or
two other Magellan derived products out there.

OTOH Aethera is for sure not there yet, especially on FreeBSD, but "the
Kompany" does intend to roll out some sort of groupware server as well.

The Magellan code is downright scary, it makes that Gtk+ mess look sane.
But it could be a good start.

- alex