Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 1995 12:47:27 -0600
From:      Peter da Silva <peter@bonkers.taronga.com>
To:        Mark Hittinger <bugs@warlock.win.net>
Cc:        hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, peter@bonkers.taronga.com
Subject:   Re: A "FreeBSD" Daemon

> Let me suggest something along the same lines.  Ditch the daemon thing.

Reminds me of Kolstad's talk at last year's Usenix, about how some ultra
weird religious group found some "sixes" in their lizard logo. He finished
up by waving the "demon" poster and saying "good thing we dedn't send them
this".

Just off the top of my head.

I'd suggest a firetruck, loaded with coiled up ethernet cables and ladder
racks and stuff, manned by Jordan and the gang, waving FreeBSD CDROMs
instead of axes. The idea is they're firefighters, they have the tools
to fix your problems, the ultimate network operating system, and so on...