Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 12:56:24 +0200
From:      Markus Holmberg <markush@acc.umu.se>
To:        pete collins <pete@postpagan.com>
Cc:        Ken Lui <klui@cup.hp.com>, freebsd-mozilla@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: M16 with FreeBSD 3.2

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 07:43:28PM -0400, pete collins wrote:
> Bruce M might be checking this patch in in the next day or so.

One has to remember that this is not a fix, it's a work around. It won't
protect against future breakages of the same kind (if someone of the
numerous mozilla developers names two functions the same again in two
different modules).

The Right Way(tm) to fix this is to correct the bug in FreeBSD's
dlopen(). Either you upgrade to 3.4, or manually apply the source
patches that you can extract from the CVS (for example using
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi). Look in the PR for info on what
files need to be patched:

About the Solaris Purify problem; without knowing anything about
Solaris/Purify, it sounds like Purify might have the same problem that
FreeBSD had. In that case it's Purify that's broken and needs to be
fixed. But this is pure speculation on my part.

Markus

--

Markus Holmberg         |       Give me Unix or give me a typewriter.
markush@acc.umu.se      |       http://www.freebsd.org/