Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 2008 11:51:16 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        "Mike Price" <bipolor@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD-STABLE: How do I change my Local IP Address statically?

On Mon, 24 Nov 2008 00:16:35 -0800, "Mike Price" <bipolor@gmail.com> wrote:
> My IP Address on my FreeBSD Server 4.11-STABLE keeps changing. What I
> need to do is find the file or command to change it statically.

Network configuration is saved in `/etc/rc.conf' in FreeBSD.  Before you
make any changes to that file, however, make sure that:

    (1) You have a safe backup copy of this file.

    (2) You have read and understood the relevant parts of the FreeBSD
        Handbook.  Pay special attention to ``Setting Up Network
        Interface Cards'':

        http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/config-network-setup.html