Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2003 16:10:44 +1000
From:      "Robert Chalmers" <robert@the-mission-of-our-lady-of-fatima.org>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   How do I pass WWW (80) through the firewall on two NICs ?

I'm getting lost ...

Running two NICs - no problem. But trying to screw down the rules a bit =
and getting lost on passing the www - or port 80, through the firewall =
both waqys.

There are WebServers - real and virtual, on the inside interface, with =
their own PublicIP. I'm not using the OutsideInterface as their web =
address, as I'm using my own DNS etc.

So, in rc.firewall, what do I put in place so that everything can see my =
webserver on the inside interface, and also, the workstations on the =
inside network can see the internet...

This works fine:

        # Allow access to our WWW
        ${fwcmd} add pass tcp from any to any 80 setup

However, at the end of rc.firewall, I have to have this in place or I =
can't get access to the outside world...

        ${fwcmd} add 65000 pass all from any to any
        ;;

I'm getting lost in the trees, and can't see the forest now.

Any help appreciated?
thanks
Robert

---
The Mission of Our Lady of Fatima.
http://www.the-mission-of-our-lady-of-fatima.org
"I come from Heaven. I am the Lady of The Rosary"