Date:      Sat, 06 Dec 2003 00:17:23 +0000
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew.boothman@blueyonder.co.uk>
To:        troy@twisted.net
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spamassassin - uninitialized value in Bayes.pm

Troy wrote:

> Recently I have been seeing the following in my maillog as it relates to
> spamassassin running.  It appears the filter is running, but would like
> to know what these errors mean. Any ideas?

The warning means exactly what it says it means - a variable is being
used that has not been initialised.

But the warning is just a warning - it's not stopping the code from
running, and as you point out it's not stopping your filter from working.

It might be normal to get this warning - I have no idea. You should ask
on a spamassassin list like spamassassin-talk@lists.sourceforge.net

Hope that helps.

Andrew