Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2000 15:05:38 -0400
From:      Ian Reilly <reillyie@pnpa.net>
To:        Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Prob with apache+ssl (passwords and starting on reboot)

ok, that worked great thanks!  used to BSDI and it's config's..
the only problem i have left is this..  it still asks for a passwd.  was
there an option in the openssl to not use a passwd when starting the
apache?  should i have compiled it with out using a passwd?

Thanks for everything!

Ryan Thompson wrote:

> Gabriel Ambuehl wrote to Ian Reilly:
>
> > > i'm running 4.0 and just compiled apache 1.3.12 openssl, mod ssl, mysql,
> > > etc..  the problem that i'm running into is this.  1.  at boot, it starts
> > > the regular apache (non ssl) and when i try to start the ssl, it always
> > > asks for the passwd.  anyone know how to a.  get the ssl to start by
> > > default? and while we're at it =)  what about mysql? how do i get it to
> > > start as well?
> >
> > Well. I copied apachectl to my rc.d dir, renamed it to apachectl.sh
> > and modified the case statements in the way that 'start' actually
> > starts the SSL apache. Modifications on request.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >  Gabriel
>
> Wow!  That seems like an awful lot of work.
>
> $ cat /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache.sh
> #!/bin/sh
> /usr/local/apache/bin/apachectl startssl && echo -n ' httpd-modssl'
>
> --
>   Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
>   Systems Administrator, Accounts
>   Phone: +1 (306) 664-1161
>
>   SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
>   #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2

Ian E Reilly
System Administrator
PNI Internet Services
www.pnpa.net