Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 11:52:14 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Laptop hardware FOUND

Nate Williams stands accused of saying:

> Cool.  Hosokawa already responded to the unknown event code problems,
> but the hang is a new one.  It may be the 'WD-interrupt' bug, which I
> see quite often.  Basically, our IDE driver is single threaded, so if
> you miss an interrupt it'll wait forever for it rather than timing out.

... so would adding a timeout or a missed-interrupt kicker be a good idea?
(Something like the one in the 'sio' driver that catches lost serial
 interrupts?)

> Unfortunately, because of this bug it's *really* hard to debug other
> parts of the system since you never know which bug is triggered.

The hang _must_ be something in the pccard code; if I eject the card before
I close the lid, it suspends OK.  I can reinsert it after I resume and
all is well again.

It's not edsuspend :

static void
edsuspend(struct pccard_dev *dp)
{
        printf("ed%d: suspending\n", dp->isahd.id_unit);
}

... I'm guessing that it probably has to do with powering the slot down.  I
need to spend some time with it when I'm not running a fever or being
pressured to do Real Work.  I may get a chance tonight if I can find some
appropriate drugs to kill the pain.