Date:      Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:17:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Per Engelbrecht" <per@xterm.dk>
To:        <jlpvideo@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Seeking rock-solid motherboard recommendations

Hi Joe
In short.
My recommendations for most server-setup are:
- Intel
- SuperMicro
- Tyan
Other server recommendations:
CPU	Xeon
PSU	Antec EPS12V
RAM	Kingston (type depending on board)
NIC	Intel Pro 1000MT
SCSI	Adaptec, Mylex, Tekram
Disc	IBM, Seagate (U320 ... do not use Maxtor ...never!)
case	Antec rackmount serie

There's lots of other good stuf out there, but this works!
I don't use ATA for work/production, I don't use ATA at home, so I
don't know about ATA/SATA controller performance/choice.

My recommendations for a good all-round desktop are:
- Asus
- Abit

Other desktop recommendations:
CPU	P4
PSU	Enermax
RAM	Kingston (type depending on board)
NIC	3Com, Intel
SCSI	Adaptec, Tekram
Disc	IBM, Seagate
Video	Matrox (<G450)
I'm not deep into bright colors, menubars and so on i.e. my choice of
videocard is a bit konservative. But again, it works.

respectfully
/per
per@xterm.dk