Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2012 00:04:39 +0100
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9.1-RELEASE

On 11/26/12 23:48, Bas Smeelen wrote:
> On 11/26/12 23:36, Rick Miller wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 5:25 PM, Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> Just modify newvers.sh to 9.1-RELEASE recompile and your on RELEASE :)
>>> Who has a no non-release policy, management?
>> It's not just management,

Just to sum it up

Make sure you document with second and third party approval!
What you did and How you did it

There is no reason to document for Why you did it, though this can be
beneficial.

With this, it comes to that the FreeBSD development and distributing
model is very well, let's say highly transparent, it is up to you as a
systems administrator or even developer (they are more out in the clear
though) to account for (document and get this approved) and be
transparant for all the actions that have been commited, to the FDA for
instance in the industries (Pharma, Biomed, etc, I work in). I guess
fbi, cia, nsa or other 'higher' governmental institutions don't have to
account for this, because they are much smarter anyway.

I apologise for the dutch grammar.

Cheers