Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2005 17:01:57 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net>
Cc:        Ceri Davies <ceri@freebsd.org>, www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: www/86970: The new web site look and feel is not FreeBSDish as we all know and love

On 2005-10-06 11:21, George Danchev <danchev@spnet.net> wrote:
>On Thursday 06 October 2005 11:16, Ceri Davies wrote:
>> The PR database is for bugs.  I don't consider this a bug.
>
> OK, Agreed.
>
>> Please raise your issues on the appropriate mailing list
>> (www@FreeBSD.org) for discussion.
>
> To elaborate a little bit.
>
> I'm not a webmaster that's for sure, but what I miss from the old site
> are the two panes directly displaying important bullet lists
> information (about Platforms, Software, Documentation, Support, Bug
> Reports, Development, Release, etc). Now I should dig the new site and
> following uneeded links to get the informations. Please add the old,
> good and informative panes from the old site.

There's always the "WTF is this new stuff anyway?  I was comfortable and
cozy with the old one".  Understandable, but don't let the "new stuff"
factor blind you to any good things the new design has too :)

> Also you do not need big pictures in the center of the site, it should
> be filled with important texts (as it used to be).

Important for whom?  Others will quickly jump up and start arguing that
"a couple of well placed, catchy images are worth a thousand words each".

Note that I don't necessarily disagree with what you are saying.  I'm
only stating the fact that these are *YOUR* opinions, which you have
*every* right to have but it should probably take a lot more than

			``This sucks, fix it''

to get anything done :)