Date:      21 Feb 2002 07:52:16 -0500
From:      Lowell Gilbert <lowell@TheWorld.com>
To:        mess-mate <messmate@free.fr>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions-en" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: can't start

mess-mate <messmate@free.fr> writes:

> Thanks the trick did it. (with cp )
> But export is for bash, isn't ?

or any sh-type shell, including the standard one (/bin/sh).

> So I'm in tsch.
> How do I chnage my shell to bash  ? I only jnow bash.
> What's better tsch or bash ?

It's a matter of preference.  If you know bash, stick with that; you
can install it from the ports system.  Or you could just change your
shell to /bin/sh, and you probably won't notice many differences from
bash.  [One obvious one is that command line editing isn't enabled by
default, but if you want it, the manual (man sh) explains it easily
enough.]  If you are going to write shell scripts, tcsh is
*definitely* not the right shell to use.

Good luck.