Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:13:34 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with serial port on Xircom RBEM56G

OK. Things are coming together, but one thing I have not figured out
is why the serial portion of my RBEM56G card is not working. I suspect
it may be simply adding the requisite information someplace.

When I plug in the card, the Ethernet side is fine, but the serial
side tells me:
(Hand transcribed)
Product Version: 5.0
Product name: Xircom | CardBus Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56 | CBEM56G, auto
Manufacturer ID: 0501001081
Functions: Serial Port, Multi-Functioned
Function Extension: 00020f5c
Function Extension: 0206003f1c03030f070001b5
Function Extension: 1306000b000200b5
cardbus1: Invalid BAR number: 27(06)
CIS reading done
cardbud1: <unknown card> (vendor=0x115d, dev=0x0103 at 0.1 irq 11

Is it possible that this is a WinModem? I had been assured it was a
"real" modem, but maybe I will need to install ltmdm (or get a
different modem).

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)