Date:      Sun, 26 Sep 1999 21:50:51 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@mat.net>
Cc:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, Kenneth Wayne Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Loss of Functionality with newpnp

> On Sun, 26 Sep 1999, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> > > This is only partially related, but I still can't even boot a kernel with
> > > the pnp0 controller enabled. It just hangs after probing the soundcard.
> >
> > You seem to have accidentally deleted all of the details related to
> > this bug report from your email before sending it.  Please try again.
>
> Mike, I'm checking into this on my own, so this isn't a question, but you
> might want to know that I have a Turtle Beach PCI audio card, setup with
> controller pnp0 and device pcm0, and getting about the same responses.
> Things have stopped working (the mixer totally).

It sounds like your situation is completely different from Mr Culver's
- his system is locked with interrupts masked during startup.

JFYI, the pnp device is only relevant to ISA - a PCI card is a PCI
card, and is handled by the PCI bus code.

> This is just data if you wanted it.  I can see the answer isn't laying at
> your fingertips, so I will continue to read code.

You'll want to collect as much as you can and wait for Cameron to get
back online.  One he's settled again we'll be trying to get as many
high-quality reports handed to him as possible, and anything that you
can track down for yourself will greatly help.  (Heck, you may even
find the problem yourself!)

--
\\  The mind's the standard       \\  Mike Smith
\\  of the man.                   \\  msmith@freebsd.org