Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 15:45:12 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Dell Latitude, sound, OSS, help!

Ok, so I've gotten most of the ``necessary'' portions of my laptop up and
running. Right now I'm working on getting the Open Sound System software
running to drive my soundchip.

Here's what I've got

Dell Latitude CPi
FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE
Crystal 4237B soundchip

I'm running into difficulty figuring out what IRQ, DMA, I/O address to use
for the poor dear. It doesn't show up in the BIOS, at least I can't find
it and booting into NT doesn't seem to produce any useful information
(other then the type of card) about the soundchip.

Has anyone had any luck with this kind of setup?

Colin E. Johnson | colinj@unm.edu | http://www.unm.edu/~colinj/
Harming only the humorless since 1967